Commercial Estates Group (CEG), who submitted planning application 15/03797/OUT for a development of 120 houses south of the Witney Road and west of the railway bridge, have lodged an appeal against the decision of West Oxfordshire District Council’s Uplands Planning Committee to refuse their planning application. Please write again before Wed 8 June (see below for details about what you might object to and where to send your objections).
More details about the appeal are available on this website here.
This is yet another large proposed development for housing in Hanborough, but with the capacity to be very much greater in the future since the applicant has interest in an area of adjacent fields, three times larger. Its only access would from the A4095, at a point that many of us consider dangerous, just beyond the brow of the railway bridge.
Grounds for objection are:
1. The development is not proportional, appropriate or sustainable.
2. The site’s distant location from the centre of the village, nearly 2 km away – would form an outlier, a separate social settlement.
3. Its residents would be dependent on cars, since Hanborough is not well served by public transport.
4. It is not self-sustaining but dependent on Hanborough’s existing services and infrastructure, which can’t meet the number of expected patients and school pupils
5. Its only access is onto the A4095, at a dangerous point just below the brow of the narrow railway bridge.
6. Its traffic would impact signifcantly on A4095 traffic, which is heavily congested at rush-hours.
7. It urbanises countryside between Bladon and Hanborough.
8. The housing development forms an extended breach into open countryside & would destroy views of the ancient Pinsley Wood.
9. It is adjacent to the Cotswold Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
10. It permanently converts valuable arable land that characterises the rural character of the village into a housing estate.
11. The developer’s interest in a considerable amount of adjacent land may lead to a much bigger development in the future.
This is the biggest threat to Hanborough yet, and all of us in the parish need to oppose it as strongly as possible.
Please Write (the deadline is Wednesday 8 June)
Many residents wrote to the WODC Planning Department at the end of last year opposing the application, but it is extremely important that residents who wrote in the first place as well as those who didn’t, write now, either again to make further objections, or for the first time, to the Bristol Inspectorate.
You can make representations:
or online via this link and click on the ‘Make Representation’ link it the top right of the page.
or in writing (5 copies), quoting the Appeal reference, APP/D3125/W/16/3148400 to:
Room 3/26 Hawk Wing,
Temple Quay House,
2 The Square,
Bristol, BS1 6PN
We urge everyone either to write again or write for the first time by the deadline of 8 June 2016.
The Appeal has been scheduled to start on Tuesday 13 December 2016 at the WODC Offices.
We will publish further information about the progress of this appeal process when we know more.